Edit Your Child’s Stuff with Toy Rental Services
Are you a parent who feels there just aren’t enough toys around your house? Does your child hate novelty, contenting his or herself with one or two simple toys? Do your child’s toys make your house into a model of order and harmony?
We didn’t think so.
Online toy rental companies like BabyPlays and Toyconomy have a solution. Here’s how they work:
- Choose toys from their databases–kinda like adding movies to your Netflix queue.
- Rent as you go. BabyPlays rents individual toys from $3 to $11/month. Toyconomy from $3 to $35/month–the latter price is for a LeapFrog LeapPad tablet computer (who knew?).
- Or subscribe. Babyplays allows you to rent 4 toys for 60 days or longer for $25/month. Toyconomy’s $10/month subscription takes 50% off their toy rentals.
- Hold onto toys for a month or for as long as you want.
- Return toys and get a new shipment. Shipping costs are included.
Both companies take pains to let us know that their toys are rigorously cleaned and in good condition. Both offer a rent-to-own option; if your tyke doesn’t tire of a toy in a couple months, you can buy it at a discounted price.
Beside saving money, these services let kids enjoy their new toys without piling onto the mountain of old ones–a problem for almost every parent I know. What if your kid’s room could look like a haven of fun and order rather than a war-zone?
The one big challenge we see is getting grandparents and extended family on board. One Christmas-giving session can undermine months of editing.
Have you used these services? Would you? If not, why not? Let us know what you think.
Image via productreview.com.au
Pingback: Life Edited | Paper Culture()