This Little Italian Kitchen Has Spine
We were turned onto this innovative column-kitchen (not sure if that’s a proper term) that was released at the recent Milan Furniture Fair. It’s called ECooking, designed by Massimo Facchineti and, unlike many concept designs, will be manufactured by Clei, the same folks who make the Swing sofa/bed in the LifeEdited Apartment.
The little unit is packed with features:
- Kitchen basics: Oven, fridge, induction cooktops, sink, dishwasher and espresso maker (an Italian basic)
- Multi-stage water filtration
- Herb garden that uses filtered grey water
- Built in ventilation and UVA light for your herb garden
- Counter surfaces that creates seating for six
- Rendering shows a solar paneled back to power entire house (unconfirmed).
Again, the cool thing about this is the fact that: A. it was made and B. is going to be released. Resource Furniture says it should be available early to mid-2014 (no price or additional details available just yet). We suspect some of the features, like the solar panels, might not carry over from concept, but even the basics are pretty cool.
While ECooking might not be ideal for someone who regularly hosts large dinner parties, it seems like a perfect compliment for a micro apartment where it would significantly reduce the kitchen footprint while providing more than enough function for the small-scale gastronome.