Minimalist Home Office Set Up
The LifeEdited 2 home office / guest bedroom is a classic in space efficiency. Apartment dwellers can work at a large stand-up desk with a 34-inch screen and two guests can sleep comfortably, all in one room that is just a bit bigger than a queen-sized bed.
What we used:
- LG 34UM95 34” wall-mounted monitor
- Wireless keyboard and mouse
- MacBook & printer in the closet, connected via hidden cables running through the wall
- LifeEdited-designed moveable sofa segments that assemble into a guest bed
- New Concept Table from Resource Furniture (two of these, they fold down)
What we like:
- It’s a potent home office
- It has a minimalist feel to it — the messy bits are in the closet
- Transformation to guest mode is pretty quick
- That 34” screen is *really* nice, but a 24” could also work well
- You could wall-mount an all-in-one computer e.g. an iMac or curved HP Envy
This post is one in a series that describes our LifeEdited 2 showcase apartment. LifeEdited 2 embodies our green, space efficient, and minimalist principles. We view LifeEdited 2 as a lab for experiencing things that are consistent with these principles. The fold-down table described in this post was given to us, which we appreciate, but we would not have accepted if we didn’t believe in it.