Micro-apartments in Brazil, LifeEdited
We are very excited to announce a micro-apartment project going up in São Paulo, Brazil. Many details are still being worked out, but we can tell you a few things:
- LifeEdited, Inc would serve as a specialty consultant to Brazilian real estate firm VITACON and their architects, Basiches Arquitetos Associados. Our role is primarily to help them optimize interior spaces for maximum functionality.
- The building, named VN Quatá, will be located on Rua Quatá, in the Vila Olímpia neighborhood of São Paulo.
- The 18-story building’s 86-apartments will be 247 sq ft (23 sq meters). The apartments will incorporate transforming furniture and design principles found in LifeEdited’s first project, Graham Hill’s apartment.
- Completion is projected to be in Q1 2016.
- Price TBD, though we expect units to be far less expensive than other comparable properties in the area.
There are many reasons for our excitement. São Paulo’s transportation issues have been in the news as of late. While we won’t claim that VN Quatá will solve this complicated issue, it will provide cost-effective housing in a central part of the city, reducing the need for the notoriously long commutes (credit esteban at dh). The units’ diminutive sizes coupled with VITACON’s enthusiasm for micro-apartment living provides a great canvas for innovative design.
Units will go on sale this year. If you are interested in living in VN Quatá, visit VITACON’s website for more information. If you’re interested in LifeEdited consulting on your project, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLAIMER: LifeEdited is not an architecture firm, rather we are a specialty consultant to architects and developers.